Monday, December 09, 2013

14 Years of Wedded Bliss

This week Ken and I have been married for 14 years - sometimes it feels like only yesterday that we tied the knot but most of the time I find it hard to remember my life without my beloved in it. So you'll have to bear with me as for this post I'm going to be a bit soppy.

Cornbury Music festival - 2012
We got married at home in Tasmania, in summer, a small wedding but a very happy one. I actually had to pay off a bet on the day as I was never going to get married and had made bets to that effect - dad kindly gave me the money as there were no pockets in my dress. It wasn't til a gorgeous Scotsman entered my life that I realised that I might lose that money.

Scotland 2008
Our wedding day went so quickly, but it is forever imprinted in my heart as that's the day I married my best friend. We wrote our own vows to make the ceremony personal to us and one day I'd like to have them in a frame with a picture of us (I did warn you it was going to be soppy).


The above picture was taken as we left for the church and the wind decided to try and steal my veil - I love it as it's such a candid moment and it shows the happiness of the day. Quirky facts about our wedding - I wore white boots under my dress as I'm not very good in dressy shoes, four people came all the way from the UK including two that came as a surprise, and for several years we kept finding confetti that mum had put in our hand luggage.


You can't really see in the above picture but Ken is wearing tartan trews (that's trousers for the non Scottish amongst you), a velvet jacket, and a lovely orange/gold waistcoat. My dress has a lot of gold in it as I thought I would look too pale in white. I love our flowers, bright and beautiful.

What can I say about the last 14 years - lots of laughter, lots of tears (thankfully my beloved has the best chest to cry on), endings and beginnings, two cats and a dog, farewells to cherished family members, one scar on Ken's head from a hot knife (that's another story), too many cakes to count, one flooded flat (nightmare), countless romantic weekends away, two handsome stepsons, lots of selfies (some included in this post), regular picnics, visits to graveyards, some challenges that without each other would have been unbearable, but oh so many more moments of pure joy.

Stowe gardens - 2011
I know a lot of people think we're too soppy, but we never want the other to feel taken for granted and you can never really say 'I love you' too much (as long as it has meaning behind it).

That's it for now - until next time stay safe and take care of each other.

Pamela and Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Happy anniversary to you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie - it really is a happy one.x

      Delete