As a nurse, this is a topic that I've spoken to many people about over the years, and I would encourage you all to let someone you love know if you have specific requests for when you die, as it really does help the people left behind.
1. I would like to be cremated and I would like my ashes mixed with Ken's (whenever we die) and have half our ashes scattered in Tasmania at Fossil Bluff, and the other half scattered in Argyle where Ken grew up.
2. If they're in a fit state, before the cremation, I would like to donate my organs.
3. I don't want a fancy coffin, I'd much rather have a plain white cardboard coffin that people can write messages on or draw pictures on - if I did want a proper coffin I'd want one with pink hearts all over it. Here's a link to a fab website where you can basically get what ever you want, and caters to all budgets - click HERE to visit.
4. I' m not sure I want a formal church service, maybe a memorial get together outside somewhere where people can enjoy natures beauty.
5. At the above get together I'd like everyone to wear whatever they like but as long as there's a bit of pink or purple on every person.
The next few are songs I'd like played at some point on the day, whoevers organising can make that decision:
6. The hauntingly beautiful My Immortal sung by Evanescence.
7. There you'll be - Faith Hill (from the movie Pearl Harbour)
8. Save the best for last - Vanessa Williams
The next one has to be played at the end of the get together as it's the song that Ken and I walked out of the church on our wedding day to.
9. Especially for you - Kylie & Jason (I hope it would make people smile).
10. The last one is an important one, so listen up my gorgeous Kennykins. If I die before you, I need to know you're going to keep going with your life. You're allowed to be sad but you're also going to be able to smile, hopefully at some of the very silly things we've done in the past. Love you.
So there you have it - a topic that is not always easy but is really important to discuss.
Before you leave, why don't you pop over to Tamara's blog and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with - click HERE to visit.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and enjoy your life.
Pamela & Ken