Friday, February 02, 2018

Friday's Friendly Fill Ins

It's the end of another week and time for some fill ins that are set by Annie at McGuffy's Reader and Joyce at 15andmeowing.com - why don't you come and join us. The words in purple are the prompts that are provided and then the rest is me.

1. Trust given by an animal is a beautiful gift that must never be betrayed. I think it's why I love cats so much, they are such independant creatures that when they give their love and trust you really know that you have earnt it. I'm grateful for our puppy dog's love as well, but I don't think she was quite as hard to convince that we are trustworthy.


Bramble on her first trip to the beach last year
2. I would protest lots of things and I regularly sign petitions and have been known to send letters in the past. The things that really upset me are discrimination (of any kind), animal cruelty, destroying the environment, oppression, and I could go on.

Protest signs in London
3. I have worn glasses since  I was 13 years old. There have been some very dodgy designs over the years, starting out quite small, growing to huge ones that took over my face, and now back to relatively small. I have had contact lenses a few times in my life, but I'm not allowed to wear them anymore, so it's glasses all the time for me. I have even been known to get in the shower and wonder why everything is fogging up, before I realise that I still have my glasses on.

4. Right now, I am keeping everything crossed that a lovely little black cat at the SSPCA (Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) shelter gets the all clear to come home with us. He's adorable and we'd really like to welcome him into our family. Hopefully we can convince Princess Cookie Cat that a brother is a good idea.

Cookie on our cat quilt that mum made
I hope you've enjoyed my ramblings - before you go hop over to Joyce's Blog to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their fill ins.

Until next time, be good, stay safe, and we hope your week is filed with magical moments.

Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. I hope you get the new kitty and that the princess will love him too. Sounds like you already to love the little one.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandee, I'm trying not to in case anything goes wrong with the adoption but I can't help myself.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos...lovely fill-ins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam - I too hope your new kitty cat will be yours - I'm sure he'd love to be with you ... take care, cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela,

    Bramble is just a cutie! I love puppies...and kittens (of course)! I got glasses when I was in grade 5 but because my prescription was very strong I rarely wore them. It wasn't until my senior year in high school that I noticed I needed corrective wear a little more. Even then, I was bad to not wear them. I'm just thankful that I can see things far away without my glasses unlike DH. However, reading is a different thing. I can't read text messages or food labels without them which is so aggravating. At least with my iPhone I can make the text larger. Aging eyes really stink! I hope the adoption goes through for the little kitty. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, great answers, Pamela! I love that quilt! Chloe Jo (12 lbs) is our "little" black cat. She & Grizelda (15 lbs), her big sister. All of our cats are very big. I think Bee will stay small, though.
    I cannot wait to hear about your new little guy! Hugs!
    Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete