Thursday, April 05, 2018

F is for Festival

Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge where for the month of April we post everyday except Sundays, corresponding to each letter of the alphabet. I've chosen to blog about keeping the romance alive in a relationship along with ideas for married couple dates. Each post will also have a romantic song for you to listen to whilst you read.

Today's song choice is Tim McGraw and Faith Hill - It's Your Love. Another duet by a married couple which adds so many more layers of emotion to the words. My favourite words in this song are:


Better than I was
More than I am
And all of this happened
By taking your hand
And who I am now
Is who I wanted to be
And now that we're together
I'm stronger than ever, I'm happy and free



Part of keeping the romance alive in a relationship is about keeping the fun alive. and one way we do this is go to festivals together. It's a chance to relax in the atmosphere of lots of people just enjoying themselves. The real world can take care of itself for however long you're at the festival as it will still be there when you leave.

An important part of the festivals we attend is that some are my beloved's choice, usually the music and car festivals, and the quirky ones are usually mine. It's all about sharing in each others interests and enjoying the experience.

We've been to many different festivals over the years, and not just music ones. They've included a Fairy Festival (and yes I did dress up as a fairy), Folk festivalsCornbury Music Festival (several times), Peace in the Park (which included meditation and tai chi), and a Green Man Festival, to name just a few.

Ken and two ladies he picked up at Peace in the Park
Festival Feet
Sitting in the sun, holding hands, and listening to music or people watching is a great way to reconnect with each other. The festival doesn't have to be expensive and there are even free ones around - Peace in the Park was free and we had such a lovely day.

Why don't you look up festivals near you that you might be interested in attending.

Today's quote:


Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Previous A to Z posts:

2017 = Falls of Foyer

2016 = Flowers

6 comments:

  1. You two are ever so like hubby and I. I'm enjoying reading about your love for each other. We have that same kind of love.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam - I'm sure there are loads of festivals to visit - mostly they get crowded out with cars ... that's why I avoid them - but can see you both enjoy them and this was a happy read ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to find a festival and attend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE Tim McGraw, and speaking of festivals, he has this song "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it", the lyrics start with "Spent forty-eight dollars last night at the county fair
    I threw out my shoulder but I won her that teddy bear." Very fitting for your Festival post! It also the Nashville Predator's goal song...

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/2018/04/f-is-for-florence.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song. I wish we had such fun festivals near us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela,

    I think it's great that y'all are passionate and fun! We haven't attended any festivals in a long while but we do incorporate fun into everything we do. The majority of our fun comes from just getting out to enjoy our locale near and not-so far away (short drives 2-4 hrs). Sharing hobbies like our passion for photography is another way we have fun. It's great to capture the beauty of our world where ever we go.

    Curious as a Cathy
    A2Z Creating iPad Art Sketches ‘Fairy’

    ReplyDelete