Wednesday, April 11, 2018

J is for Joy and Jaffa Cakes

Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge where for the month of April we post everyday except Sundays, corresponding to each letter of the alphabet. I've chosen to blog about keeping the romance alive in a relationship along with ideas for married couple dates. Each post will also have a romantic song for you to listen to whilst you read.

Today's song is from Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up.


I'm going to share the workings of my beloved's mind again today - when I asked him what I should do for the letter J he suggested jock strap or jaffa cakes!! You may note from the title of this post that I have gone with one of his suggestions - more about that later.

One of the most joyous days of my life, apart from our wedding day, was the day after when I woke up and realised that it wasn't a dream, I really had married my best friend and soulmate. Do you have moments like that which when you think about them make you smile? I hope you do, and make sure you think about those moments together as the remembered joy is an important part of the couple you are.

I love this photo as it was taken the day after our wedding when all our friends and relatives came round to mum and dad's for the day and really captures that feeling of joy - this is the two of us with my best friend and bridesmaid, Kierstan.


Now to the jaffa cakes. Before we travelled from the UK to Australia, a friend in London gave me a wrapped present and said we weren't to open it until our honeymoon. Two days after the wedding we went to Cradle Mountain Lodge for a mini honeymoon of three days, so decided to open our present there. Inside was a tube of jaffa cakes with a little note that said, "to give you energy for your honeymoon". This is me sitting on the balcony of our cabin enjoying our gift.


Today's quote is an important reminder - don't look for joy in objects or possessions, look for it in yourselves as a couple.


Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Previous A to Z posts:

2017 = Jemimaville

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos and great post. I love the song too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool gift. Those cakes will always remind you of your honeymoon and the friend who gave them to you 😎
    Love the picture. Way more authentic than any wedding dress, pretty hair, make-up photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara, we had some great photos taken the day after the wedding - such a happy day just relaxing with people we love.

      Delete
  3. Your husbands suggestion for J made me laugh out loud. Well not the cake one, the other one. Glad you went with Joy.

    Love that saying (quote) it's ever so true.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my crazy husband made you laugh - he's had some suggestions that I can't share in a public forum.

      Delete
  4. there is joy in talking about food. I haven't heard of jaffa cakes but the pictures I saw looks delicious.

    have a lovely day.

    my latest a-z is: keep calm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaffa cakes are basically chocolate, orange, and a soft cake like biscuit - scrummy.

      Delete
  5. Hi Pam - lovely photo and oh jaffa cakes over jock straps!! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea what jaffa cakes are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soft cake like biscuit with a layer of orange jelly covered in chocolate - delicious.

      Delete