Wednesday, April 18, 2018

P is for Painting and Pyjamas

Welcome to the A to Z blogging challenge where for the month of April we post everyday except Sundays, corresponding to each letter of the alphabet. I've chosen to blog about keeping the romance alive in a relationship along with ideas for married couple dates. Each post will also have a romantic song for you to listen to whilst you read.

Okay I'm back into the comfort zone of an easy letter and today's song was easy as well, as the DJ at Bay Rock in Tasmania used to quite often play this as the slow song at the end of the night back in the late 80's early 90's. I used to always wish I had someone special to dance with to it, and now I have. It's Rush Rush - Paula Abdul.


Ken's suggestions for today - Passionate and Pamela! I think next year I might have to set him up with his own blog and get him to do the A to Z as I would love to know what he would write.

A great activity to do together and a fun idea for a creative date, is to go to a paint your own pottery place. Some of these even have a cafe as part of the studio, so you can spend lots of relaxing time there. The lovely studio we go to is called Smarty Art and is based in Grantown-on-Spey.


It's incredibly relaxing to sit and paint an object that you're going to get joy out of when you get it home. You can be silent, just enjoying each others company, or you can chat about anything that comes to mind - I think there should be certain topics off limits as this is meant to be a fun and chilled out activity.



It's so amazing how different your creations look once they have been glazed. I love Ken's little vase and the other day I went upstairs to find he'd put daffodils in it and placed it on my dressing table - very sweet. My heart trinket box fits into my dressing table colour scheme perfectly.


P is also for pyjamas, and occasionally you need to snuggle up on the sofa together in your pyjamas, shutting the real world outside away from your little cocoon of two.


Today's quote:


Pamela & Ken
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Previous A to Z posts:

2017 = Plockton, the home of Hamish Macbeth

2016 = Pitlochry - a Scottish Gem

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why but I read 'painting pyjamas' (or pajamas as I'm used to spell it with an a) and somehow that doesn't sound so bad. I think any activity together is good as long as you're doing it together. that heart and vase looks nice.

    have a lovely day.

    my latest a-z is: paper pollyannas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nap dates are the best :)The pottery looks fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela,

    Yes, do set Ken up with his own blog! I think we'd all get a kick out of his alphabet subjects. :) Painting pottery sounds like a fun activity. Both the vase and trinket box are adorable. This looks like a lovely project for a pair to share.

    A2Z iPad Art Sketch 'P' is for Prince Charming & His Princess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby would ask "what did I do?" if he *had* to attend a creative date with me ;-))) Now a nap date... you might be on to something here. I'll take it to the next level and suggest you built a blanket fort!

    ReplyDelete